Abstract reviewers will use a rubric based on the criteria below to rate all poster research presentation abstracts on a Likert-type scale ranging from "poor" to "excellent." Preference will be given to quantitative or qualitative research-based abstracts that report complete results.
- Significance of research: Does the research address an important problem in the health behavior field? Are findings of significance?
- Innovation: Does the research take a novel approach to studying a health behavior problem? Does the research use novel methods, instruments, or interventions?
- Approach: Is the overall research approach methodologically and analytically sound?
- Clarity of results: Are the results of the study clearly explained in the abstract? Are the results reported germane to the study (do the results directly answer the research question or study purpose provided?)
- Writing clarity: Is the writing free of inaccuracies and easy to read?
Click here for a Sample Poster Abstract